This is going to be a departure from grammar to pronunciation.
What is the grossest mispronunciation we hear all too often? You're right--NUCULAR! I hear that Laura has tried to get George to say it right, but as she would probably ask, "Have you ever tried to tell 'The Decider' what to do?"
Maybe sterner measures are needed. Some suggestions:
- Smack him on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper every time he says "nucular"(but not in front of the audience--we don't want our leader to look bad to the rest of the world!)
- Take away desserts for a week.
- Make him recite "I will not say "nucular" 100 times.
- Make him write this 100 times.
- On every written speech or on the teleprompter write out NU-CLEE-AR every time the word occurs.
- If all else fails, have someone lip-sync the word whenever it appears...
Good luck, Laura--you go, girl!